Upgrading System Center Orchestrator Integration Packs from 2012 to 2016
Integration Packs for the System Center 2016 are available for download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54098&WT.mc_id=rss_alldownloads_all.
While upgrading System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator to System Center 2016 R2 Orchestrator is described here https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center-docs/orch/get-started/upgrade-to-orchestrator I found no information how to update the SC2012R2 IPs to SC2016 IPs.
So here so some facts I tried out:
- A System Center 2016 – Orchestrator Integration Pack cannot be registered with Deployment Manager while the equivalent the System Center 2012 Orchestrator IP is installed on the Management Server.
- The settings and the configured Activities of the Integration Packs for the products will be maintained when the System Center 2012 – Orchestrator Integration Packs will be de-installed and the System Center 2016 – Orchestrator Integration Packs will be registered and installed.
So, if you need to upgrade the Integration Packs for System Center:
- Stop all Orchestrator runbooks using Activities from the IP
- De-install the IP from Orchestrator Management Server using Control Panel\Programs and Features
- Open Deployment Manager on Orchestrator Management Server
- Register the System Center 2016 Orchestrator Integration Pack with Deployment Manager
- Deploy the IP with Deployment Manager to all systems with Orchestrator Runbook Server und Runbook Designer